Friday, September 3, 2010

About This Blog

Hey everyone!

I'm really excited to start this blog! I've contributed to a few blogs before, but I have never had one of my own! When my Campaigns professor, Dr. Russell announced that one of our assignments this semester would be to actively participate in some form of social media, I knew that I was going to start a travel blog. I love to travel and I am currently planning the most exciting trip of my life! I hope to use this blog to talk about/plan for my trip as well as many other travel related topics! I plan to make it very interactive with lots of links, comments and hopefully followers :)

About my trip:

I don't really remember when we came up with the idea, but about a year ago (shortly after returning from our various study abroad programs) my two best friends (Chelsie and Chelsea) and I decided that after we graduated college we would take a backpacking trip around Europe. We all had so much fun on our study abroad trips in Europe and loved the traveling aspect, but wanted to go back and explore Europe without school work on our minds (I studied abroad at Oxford, so it was just as much work as it was play). We talked to our parents about our plans and received mixed reactions. Chelsie's Dad was excited for us, mine not so much.... After spending a lot of money funding our study abroad trips, our parents were understandably worried about how much this trip was going to cost. After promising that we were going to travel as cheaply as possible and fund part of the trip with our own money, our parents finally all agreed that this would indeed be the perfect graduation present!

We plan on leaving March 1st and returning at the end of April. We will be visiting about ten countries (mostly Western Europe). We will only be bringing our backpacks and plan to stay only in hostels! We've spent a lot of time this past summer doing some planning and I hope to use this blog to continue the planning process and receive some advice!


Chelsea, Me, Chelsie






Pisa, Italy


Notre Dame in Paris



The London Eye


Ireland

3 comments:

  1. ASHLEY~
    I am so excited that you made this blog! I can't wait until we leave... only 179 days left according to my countdown! I will be one of your more dedicated readers! Can't wait to see what travel plans you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I am loving this blog! Very creative!!! Not to mention that I am jealous of your plans...this sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so f'ing jealous! I guess I'll just have to experience this by living vicariously through your travel a-blog. And yeah, traveling through Europe without worrying about your International Conflict paper that's due on Monday will be a definite improvement!

    ReplyDelete